Synolog NAS In-Case-Of
make S.M.A.R.T. smart
Storage Manager > HDD/SSD > Test Scheduler:
edit the default "Auto S.M.A.R.T. Test" and set "S.M.A.R.T. Test Type" to "extended".
snapshot replication app (file version control)
Storage Manager > Volume > Action > Configure:
set "Record file access time frequency" to "never".
Next, open "Snapshot Replication" > Snapshots:
select the folder to be time-machined (e.g. homes) and open "settings":
set settings (sunny recommended):
- Schedule > every 2 hours or daily snapshot at early morning
- Retention > advanced retention policy: 12, 6, 3, 3, 0.
- choose when to delete snapshots: e.g. several hours before taking
- Advanced > check "make snapshot visible"
user home (for drive client)
Control Panel (with advanced) > User > Advanced > User Home > Enable user home service.
Control Panel (with advanced) > Hardware & Power > UPS
enable block expiration:
Control Panel (with advanced) > Security -> Account -> Enable block expiration (e.g. x days).
Otherwise the file
/temp/var/lib/synosmartblock/db.sqlite-wal may grow too big and eat all space which causes ""You cannot login to the system because the disk space is full." [ref]
recycle emptying schedule:
Control Panel > Shared Folder > Right click > Action > "Create recycle bin emptying schedule".
CanNOT handle pathes/filenames longer than 255 (the same as OneDrive).
- Mobile to NAS connection (either LAN or Internet) is extremely slow (slow enough that always trying to avoid).
- CanNOT provide free global search like Synology (very expensive subscription).