Open-source Microsoft application (thus can download official MS ISOs).
- It is a 100% free utility software for Windows users.
- Rufus has a DOS-compatible environment to run legacy tools with FreeDOS and MBR partitions.
- Allows formatting the USB disk into multiple file formats including UDF, NTFS, ReFS, or FAT.
- Easily compute the MD5, SHA-256, and SHA-1 image hashes.
- Elevated UAC and UI structure.
- The program can be downloaded on both desktops and laptops.
- Offers an auto-update feature.
- Supports different regional languages.
- It is compatible to download retail ISO DVD images of Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 from Microsoft servers.
- Allows booting USB drives to .iso files, including Linux, Windows, and raw disk image files.
- Easy to use.
- Several advanced features.
- GPT/UEFI support.
- Automatic USB detection.
- 100% free and open source.
- Only available on Windows.
- Can only install one distro on a USB.
- Etcher has a modern, simple, and eye-appealing user interface. There’s also a command-line interface available.
- Allows flashing multiple boot partitions to a USB or SD card.
- Balena constantly updates Etcher with new and improved features.
- Offers data security to your USB files.
- It helps to detect corrupted cards.
- Instate live CD versions of Clonezilla, GParted, or Tux2live.
- Compatible with Mac, Linux, and Windows.
- User-friendly graphic interface.
- Free to use and modify.
- Burns images faster (? sunny did not test).
- Lacks the ability to perform advanced tweaking.
- The file size is larger than Rufus.
- By default, it sends data to balena that you have to manually turn off.
The Easy2boot tools is super great, the official web site is … :(
Anyway, Easy2boot makes it very easy to have multi-bootable USB / pen-drive for several ISO’s.
A big pen-drive.
Tip of space usage:
- Easy2boot itself: 600M (DPMS version for XP) or 500M for normal version
- ISO’s: x GB + y GB + …
- Space for defregment: > max(x, y, …)
(After putting everything, the left free space should be bigger than the biggest ISO file.)
install (unzip) #
Download portable Easy2Boot_vXXX.exe from Google Drive or OneDrive. (<30M before self-extraction)
(for different types of installer, see official web)
Run .exe and it will extract to Desktop and auto-run.
For .zip, extract to an EMPTY folder.
(OBS: all files in the foder will be copied to pen-drive).
make drive #
Close anti-vir soft.
Click (if downloaded .exe) or Run (if downloaded .zip)
MAKE_E2B_USB_DRIVE (run as admin).cmd.
For options, we only need to choose the right pen-drive.
Use “Enter” for other options (using default).
copy isos #
Copy ISO files to the corresponding folder.
QEMU_MENU_TEST (run as admin).cmd.
Tip for win:
Choco means to install updates during installation, which requires internet.
see also PXE Install, recommended by Patrik.