2019 - 05 - 07
PlantUML is a convinient tool to make diagrams using UML language/format, such as sequence diagrams, use cases, flow diagrams etc.
- Live preview in Visual Studio VSCode plugins: jebbs.plantuml w/ encoded url. (Tip1: render by either local (suggested, needs java+graphvis) or server. Tip2: config "server" as the bold part of: http://www.plantuml.com/plantuml/uml/xxxyyyzzz)
- A site that can support PNG, SVG, ASCII/TXT, save/generate encoded url ("Edit" button), and have many examples: PlantText.com
- Sunny's puml sequence diagram template v5 by PlantText (bitly backup bit.ly/s_puml-seq-v5)
- A standard/plain/vanila editor w/ encoded url directly: plantuml-server.kkeisuke.app
- PlantUML workbench.editor.scrollToSwitchTabs vanila editor w/ encoded url directly plantuml.com/plantuml
- PlantUML official self-host server or docker
- A previewer from github: sujoyu.github.io
- Others collected by the official web: http://plantuml.com/running
- Atom has a community maintained plantuml syntax highlighter and viewer.
Live preview online vizard.io (discontinued)& code
Alternatives that do NOT require external web services[ref]:
- for flow/Gantt/sequence diagrams, Mermaid is also a good choice.
- yUML is easier to use.